Dear valued Kitchenware.Cool customers and guests,
- Kitchenware.Cool takes our responsibilities for Personal Data Protection seriously. We also recognise the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.2. This Personal Data Protection Policy, is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data.3. You agree that we may process your personal data in the manner, and for the purposes set out in the terms and conditions.
What is Personal Data
- Personal data means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.Common examples of personal data could include names, identification numbers, contact information, medical records, photographs and video images.How Personal Data is collected
6. Here are examples of situations where we collect your personal data:
(a) when you register for an account on the Websiteor apps;
(b) when you complete purchase orders, requests or applications for our products or services (by telephone, in person, snail mail or electronically);
(c) when you make a purchase on the Website;
(d) when you communicate with us directly in relation to our products and services (in person via our customer service centre or via our co-workers in our websites, by email, telephone or any other means);
(e) when you use services that are made available on our Websites or at our stores;
(f) when you conduct certain types of transactions such as refunds;
(g) when you enter, and when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, contests, lucky draws or special events;
(h) when you apply for employment with us;
(i) when you subscribe to any of our membership programmes; or
(j) when you participate in surveys and other types of research.
When Personal Data Collected and what is Collected
7. You can use and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. But, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide the products and services that you require of us.
8. We collect personal data through registration, placement of orders, completion of forms, emails, inquiries, requests, and other situations where you have chosen to provide personal data to us.
9. If you are a candidate for employment, we will collect personal data that you provide to us during the recruitment process, including personal data that is contained in your resume and in any application form that we require you to fill up. Such personal data may include your employment history and working eligibility rights.
10. Other examples of the types of personal data which we may collect about you include:
(a) contact information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses;
(b) housing information such as household size, type of home and living situation;
(c) billing information such as billing address and credit card information;
(d) unique information such as ID or passport number, photograph, contact preferences, and date of birth;
(e) details of any membership that you have with us;
(f) details of your visits to the Website, such as traffic data, location data, and the resources that you access on the Website; and
(g) your transaction history.
Purposes for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Processing of Personal Data
11. You may, in certain circumstances, provide us with personal data relating to third parties (for example, your next-of-kin or any person who may receive delivery of your purchased item on your behalf or, any person whom you have nominated as your referee if you are a candidate for employment). When this happens, you are deemed to have represented and confirmed to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide his/her personal data to us for processing in the manner set out in paragraph 2 above.
12. We collect personal data if it is necessary for us to conduct our everyday activities or functions.
13. The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including:
(i) to communicate with you;
(ii) to maintain and improve customer relationship;
(iii) to assess, process and provide products, services and/or facilities to you;
(iv) to administer and process any payments (including refunds) related to products, services and facilities requested by you;
(v) to establish your identity and background;
(vi) to respond to your enquiries or complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us;
(vii) to provide you with services or assistance that you have requested;
(viii) to provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time;
(viii) for direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels, if you are a member of any of our loyalty programmes;
(x) to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns;
(xi) to award points in a loyalty or rewards programme;
(xii) to maintain and update internal record keeping;
(xiii) for internal administrative purposes;
(xiv) to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
(xv) to send you invitation to join our events and promotions and product launch events;
(xvi) to monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, products and/or services;
(xvii) to conduct credit reference checks and establish your creditworthiness, where necessary, when providing you with products, services and/or facilities;
(xviii) to administer, process and fulfil your commercial transactions with us (such as a purchase on the Website, a tender award, contract for service or tenancy agreement);
(xviiii) to process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us;
(xx) to process and analyse your personal data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
(xxi) to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
(xxii) to share any of your personal data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes;
(xxiii) to share any of your personal data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and/or financial advice and/or for purposes of commencing legal action;
(xxiv) to share any of your personal data with our business partners to jointly develop products and/or services or launch marketing campaigns;
(xxv) to share any of your personal data with financial institutions necessary for the purpose of applying and obtaining credit facility(ies), if necessary;
(xxvi) for audit, risk management and security purposes;
(aa) for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
(xxvii) for enabling us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreements or documents that we are a party to;
(xxviii) to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
(xxviii) for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
(xxx) to enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations;
(xxxi) to carry out verification and background checks as part of any recruitment and selection process in connection with your application for employment with us; and/or
(xxxii) for other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us; which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
- As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above.Specific Issues for the Disclosure of Personal Data to Third PartiesIn order to smoothly conduct our business operations or to fulfil our obligations to you, we may also disclose the personal data that you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents, affiliates or related corporations, for one or more of the purposes stated in or notified to you under the Purposes for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Processing of Personal Data section. We will also disclose your personal data to government regulators or authorities in order to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines, regulations or schemes that apply to us.
16. Examples of third parties that we disclose your personal data to include:
(a) data entry service providers;
(b) professional advisors, consultants and/or external auditors;
(c) storage and warehousing facility providers (which may include data storage and processing servers located overseas);
(d) third party service providers who provide administrative or operational services in connection with our business such as telecommunications, information technology, logistics, delivery, assembly, installation, printing and postal services or services relating to marketing and promotional activity;
(e) relevant government regulators or authorities;
(f) to third-party credit reporting or employment agencies as part of the recruitment and selection process and/or otherwise in connection with your application for employment with us.
The third parties whom we conduct business are only authorized to use your information to perform the service for which they were hired. As part of our agreement with them, and to take reasonable measures to ensure your personal data is secure.
17. Where a request cannot be complied with within the above time frame, we will inform you of the reasonably soonest time in which we will respond.
18. You understand that we are reliant on you to provide us with accurate and complete personal data and with updates if there are any changes to your personal data. We will not be responsible for relying or using any inaccurate or incomplete personal data where you have provided with such personal data and/or have failed to update us of any changes in your personal data.
Protection and Destruction of Personal Data
19. We will put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. In particular, reasonable security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
20. We will also put in place measures to ensure that any of your personal data that is in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that:
(a) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and
(b) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
- As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Personal Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion.
- You are deemed to have acknowledged and agreed to any amended version of this Personal Data Protection Policy if you continue to use the Website after the changes have taken place. As such, you are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are specific when using our website and shopping with us online.
Information on our website
We try our best to make sure that all information on our website, including descriptions of our products and listed prices are accurate at all times. However, if we do make a mistake we will try to resolve it as soon as possible, and if we spot that an error has affected your order we will do our best to let you know.
When browsing our website the colours of products may vary depending on a few factors such as your display settings.
Pictures and images on our website are for illustration purposes only. For an accurate description of any product and details of what is included with the product, please read the product description.
We will do our best to check our website for viruses but we do not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other malicious content.
All products are subject to availability and so we may not be able to supply your order. In unforeseen circumstances and with or without notice we may have to stop selling products through Kitchenware.Cool Stores online either temporarily or permanently.
We will not be liable for any losses you sustain as a result of updating or modifying our website.
Please make sure that your login details, password and all your other account details remain confidential at all times. If you know or suspect that the security of your account is at risk, you should contact us.
Eligibility to order products
You can only purchase from Kitchenware.Cool Websites or Stores if you are aged 18 or over. You will need an active email address and a telephone number so that we can easily contact you.
All products sold through our stores are intended for own use only. Products are not to be copied or reproduce unless expressly stated or consent granted.
Placing your order
Your order counts as an offer to purchase goods from us.
After placing your order, you will receive an Order Acknowledgement email. This contains details of the products you have ordered, the total cost of the order (including delivery) and an order number.
Acceptance of your order will take place when we despatch the product(s) to you. Until we despatch the product(s), no contract will have been formed between us.
Although we hope to be able to supply all products ordered, we reserve the right, at our discretion and without the need to give reasons, not to accept any offer at any time. If we refuse your order we will let you know as soon as reasonably possible.
You can pay with all major credit and debit cards.
We will take payment from your card at the time you place your order. Taking payment does not mean we have accepted your order and if for any reason we are unable to accept your order we will provide you with a full refund within 30 days.
Unless otherwise stated all prices shown on our websites are inclusive of VAT and other applicable taxes. The product prices shown do not include the delivery fee, which will be added to your total order price.
Not all promotions that are offered by us will be available. We reserve the right to adjust prices, products and special offers at our discretion.
If we discover an error in our pricing we will inform you as soon as possible and you will then be given the option of cancelling or re-confirming your order at the correct price.
If for any reason we are unable to contact you using the contact details you have provided we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.
Any cancelled orders will be refunded within 30 days of notice of the cancellation.
DELIVERY GENERAL TERMS
We sub-contract our Delivery Service to trusted transport service providers.
For more details of our delivery fees, please see our delivery information.
Online delivery dates
For parcel deliveries you will automatically be allocated the earliest delivery date possible when placing your order.
We aim to deliver your online order within 14 days of purchase, depending on stock availability and the delivery address. We will deliver your order within 30 days of the order date unless otherwise agreed between us.
We will try our best to meet the delivery date, however there may be times where we are unable to do this we would advise you accordingly.
Changing the date of delivery
If you would like to change your delivery time or date, please contact us.
In the event of any unforeseen circumstances (such as lorry breakdown, traffic accident, major traffic delays or severe weather) we will do our best to contact you. We will not be responsible for any losses (including loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, or for any injury to your reputation) incurred due to a delay in delivery arising out of any cause beyond our control.
Before the delivery, please ensure that there is sufficient access and space and that any staircases and lifts providing access are suitable for the delivery. Please move fragile objects which could be damaged during the delivery, such as lights and vases.
Our delivery staff do not carry any specialised lifting equipment and will not unpack or assemble delivered products or remove any packaging.
When you arrange your delivery, we will ask you to provide certain information. This information will be recorded on the delivery document and the delivery will take place at the delivery address you specify. If you provide us with incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information or instructions, we may cancel the delivery by giving you notice.
You are responsible for ensuring that you are available to accept delivery. If you are not, there must be an adult available who is capable of receiving delivery on your behalf, and you agree that we can rely on their instructions as if they were your own. Our delivery staff are not permitted to leave any products that have not been signed for.
On delivery, you will be asked to examine the products, check the condition of the packaging and whether the correct number of packages have been delivered and be asked to sign the delivery document confirming this. If there are any issues, you should record this on the delivery document. Missing products will be re-ordered and damaged/incorrect products will be returned and replaced and delivered free of charge. This will not affect your legal right to notify us within a reasonable time at a later date if you find a defect in your products. If you refuse to sign the delivery document, this will be taken as refusal to accept delivery.
If items within packaging are faulty or damaged, please notify the delivery driver who will seek to resolve this. If you notice any damage to items following delivery, please contact us as soon as possible after delivery. Please keep any damaged products so that we can inspect it at a later date. If you dispose of any damaged products before we have had the opportunity to inspect them, then this could affect any claim. We will always attempt to replace any damaged products. However if we are unable to do so we will refund you with the full amount you have paid for the products together with any relevant delivery charges. Nothing in these terms affect your statutory rights.
RETURNS AND CANCELLATION
We do not accept returns.
Cancellation or return of orders made online or via e-mail
Once you have placed your order you can cancel before we have activated delivery.
How to cancel
If you would like to cancel your order, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. To do this, please email us. Note that international postal charges may apply. Please include your order number and clearly specify which product(s) you wish to return.
In the event you have a complaint regarding a product or service purchased from us please contact us.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint.
These terms are governed by Singapore law and you and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Last Updated on 1 February 2019